Relocating to Oshkosh
The waterways in and around Oshkosh offer many recreational activities, during every season. Oshkosh is located on the western shore of Lake Winnebago and east of Lake Butte des Morts. The Fox River, which runs through the heart of the city, connects the two lakes. With a population of more than 65,000, the city provides its residents with great opportunities to work, live and play.
Residents enjoy a healthy and diverse economy. Oshkosh’s attributes also include:
High quality health care, with two hospitals and numerous clinics
Excellent educational instititutions
- Nationally-recognized events and attractions
- Affordable housing. Contact a local real estate agency for housing options.
- A low crime rate
- Plenty of employment opportunities, including ones at our major employers
- Financial institutions that can help you get started toward success
Let one of our member moving companies assist you with all your relocation needs.
If you are new to Oshkosh and have questions about government services, such as water and garbage, you’ll find assistance through the following municipalities’ Web sites or phone numbers:
- City of Oshkosh
- Town of Algoma
- Town of Black Wolf
- Town of Nekimi – (920) 235-0615
- Town of Oshkosh
- Town of Vinland – (920) 235-6953
Wisconsin Public Service serves the City of Oshkosh and surrounding area with electricity and natural gas. Wisconsin Public Service provides 24-hour residential service by calling (800) 450-7260. Business and farm customer service can be reached at (877) 444-0888.
Oshkosh also is serviced by several telephone and cellular phone companies.
Several radio stations serve the Oshkosh area.
The City of Oshkosh has two public access television stations and one radio station group that provide residents with informative programming about our government entities and city services.
If you are considering relocating to Oshkosh or have just joined us as a resident and would like more information about our great city, contact the Oshkosh Chamber for a relocation packet. We can be reached at (920) 303-2266 or email [email protected].
Oshkosh is consistently ranked among the top small cities in the nation in which to live. Residents enjoy:
- A diverse business base that keeps the economy strong
- Waterways that provide recreational opportunities during every season
- High-quality public and private educational systems
- Opportunities to advance careers with training and classes through Fox Valley Technical College and the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- A safe community
As one of the fastest growing cities in Northeast Wisconsin, Oshkosh offers something for everyone. See how we rank, especially in the area of safety. Oshkosh is a safe community, where neighbors help neighbors and block parties and neighborhood picnics are common. A variety of housing options are available, including:
- Waterfront property
- Architecturally beautiful homes in historic neighborhoods
- Stylish downtown apartments overlooking the central city
- Single-family residences and available lots in new developments
- Apartments, including those for senior living
- Waterfront living
- Historic neighborhoods
If you are looking to buy a home, check first with Oshkosh Chamber-member real estate agents. They will help you find a home to fit your budget and your needs. If you are interested in rental property, contact one of the Chamber-member rental property companies or those who provide rental services.
If you are interested in housing statistics, including housing values and housing starts, the Winnebago Home Builders Association will provide assistance.