Sports & Recreation
Whether you’re a life-long resident or visiting for a weekend, you’ll find there’s always something to do in Oshkosh. (There’s a reason we’re known as Wisconsin’s Event City.)
Residents enjoy a variety of recreational activities:
- Recreation on our waterways every season of the year Aquatics, wellness, sports, soccer, ice activities and more at the Oshkosh Community YMCA
- Sporting events at the Oshkosh Sports Complex
- Arts events at the Grand Opera House, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh or Alberta Kimball Auditorium
- Learning about our past and present at the Oshkosh Public Museum, Paine Art Center and Gardens, and EAA AirVenture Museum.
Besides a sporting event or trip to the museum, a family outing might include:
- Programming at the Oshkosh Public Library
- A special event at Opera House Square
- A trip to any one of several parks, including the Menominee Park Zoo
- Splashing around at Pollock Community Water Park
- Enjoying the bright lights of the holidays at Celebration of Lights
- Attending the Oshkosh Jaycees Children’s Day Parade or the Downtown Oshkosh Holiday Parade
Oshkosh parents are proud of their school systems, where children have the ability to grow their talents in sports, the arts and academics. Oshkosh school systems are considered among the best of the best and offer a range of sports and recreational activities:
Local residents enjoy a wide array of sports and recreational activities offered through the Recreation Department which is operated by the Oshkosh Area School District.