Leadership Oshkosh Program
Leadership Oshkosh is designed to bring together a diverse group of individuals who share a basic interest in and commitment to the Oshkosh community. Leadership participants share these basic characteristics:
- Demonstrated or potential community involvement through volunteering.
- Present or potential leadership role in an organization relative to an individual’s interests or experience.
- Ability and interest to complete the Leadership Oshkosh program and contribute to the future success of the Oshkosh community through professional and personal development.
Benefits of Leadership Oshkosh
Leadership Oshkosh benefits both you and the community. The knowledge and understanding gained from the training program will prepare individuals for leadership roles in both their organizations and the community. As a result of their leadership experience, graduates are more knowledgeable and are better equipped to make key decisions affecting their own organizations, the community and themselves.
Adjunct Board Experience
During the nine-month program, Leadership Oshkosh students serve on a local board of directors to gain insight and understanding into the world of nonprofit organizations.
Service Fundraising Project
Students participate in selecting a community charity and running a fundraiser. Understanding how to do so is an important part of community leadership. The last four classes have successfully operated a trivia contest that has benefited our community resources.
Tuition is $1,695 for Chamber members. For non-members the cost is $2,045. Application priority will be granted to Chamber members. This covers program costs including a mandatory retreat, meals for program days, materials, programming and graduation. As this program benefits the employer, many employers are willing to absorb this cost for interested employees. For Chamber members, a limited number of scholarships are available. These scholarships are primarily reserved for small businesses and non-profit organizations.
LEADERSHIP OSHKOSH FACTS:
- 42 Graduates in 2020
- 31 Program Years in Existence in Oshkosh
- 1086 graduates since the program began
- Leadership 2020 serve on 37 community boards
Application due date, June 1, 2021.
If you are interested in learning more about the Leadership Oshkosh program or sponsorship opportunities contact: Patti Andresen-Shew [email protected]