Leadership Oshkosh Program
Leadership Oshkosh is designed to bring together a diverse group of individuals who share a genuine interest in and commitment to the Oshkosh community. Its mission is to inspire and empower people to make a difference in the community.
Leadership participants share these characteristics:
- Demonstrated or potential community involvement through volunteering.
- Present or potential leadership role in an organization relative to an individual’s interests or experience.
- Ability and interest to complete the Leadership Oshkosh program and contribute to the future success of the Oshkosh community through professional and personal development.
Benefits of Leadership Oshkosh
Leadership Oshkosh is a “backstage pass” to Oshkosh. The program benefits both you and the community. The knowledge and understanding gained from the program will prepare individuals for leadership roles in both their organizations and the community. As a result of their leadership experience, graduates are more knowledgeable and are better equipped to make key decisions affecting their own organizations, the community and themselves.
Adjunct Board Experience
During the nine-month program, Leadership Oshkosh participants serve on a local board of directors to gain insight and understanding into the world of nonprofit organizations.
Service Fundraising Project
Participants select a non-profit organization and organize a fundraising event on their behalf. Understanding how to do so is an important part of community leadership. The last six classes have successfully operated a trivia contest that has benefited our community resources.
Tuition is $1,850 for Chamber members. For non-members the cost is $2,230. Application priority will be granted to Chamber members. This covers program costs including a mandatory retreat, meals for program days, materials, programming and graduation. As this program benefits the employer, many employers are willing to absorb this cost for interested employees. For Chamber members, a limited number of scholarships are available. These scholarships are primarily reserved for small businesses and non-profit organizations.
LEADERSHIP OSHKOSH FACTS:
- 43 Graduates in 2023
- 34 Program Years in Existence in Oshkosh
- 1,191 graduates since the program began
- Leadership 2023 class served on 31 community boards
Leadership Oshkosh Schedule – Class of 2024:
- Thursday/Friday, September 21-22 – Two day retreat at Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake WI
- Wednesday, October 18 – History and Community Planning Day
- Wednesday, November 15 – Government Day
- Wednesday, December 20 – Arts and Culture Day
- Wednesday, January 17 – Business Day
- Wednesday, February 14 – Education Day
- Wednesday, March 13 – Health and Human Services Day
- Wednesday, April 17 – Criminal Justice Day
- Thursday, April 25 – Trivia Fundraising Night – 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15 – Opportunity Day
- Thursday, May 23 – Graduation (Social 5:00 p.m.; Dinner 6:00 p.m.; Program 7:00 p.m.)
Application due date, June 1, 2023.
If you are interested in learning more about the Leadership Oshkosh program or sponsorship opportunities contact: Trina Woldt [email protected]