Career Pathway Day
Tying education to real-life job opportunities.
Career Path Day is a three-day Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce event that will be held on March 3,4 and 5th – 2020 that gives 8th grade students in the Oshkosh community the opportunity to gain first-hand experience with a business or organization of their choice. Career Path Day gives students the tools to help determine which career or life path option to pursue, whether it is post-secondary education, the military, entering the workforce, or volunteering, or other options.
Prior to the event, the students worked on a career based curriculum to provide a foundation to Career Pathway Days. Career & Life Path Day gives them the opportunity to explore this career area further. Students gain valuable information including:
- The education path required for a certain career / job
- The rewards and challenges of a certain career
- What day-to-day life is like in a certain job
- What students can do to prepare for a certain career including but not limited to part time jobs, volunteer work, and internships.
Benefits for Schools
- An opportunity to relate classroom learning to a real-life experience
- A demonstration of the importance of education in the workplace
- Positive relationship-building with business/community leaders in the Oshkosh community
Benefits for Businesses
- A chance to positively affect the outcome of future generations
- The opportunity to be a part of the Oshkosh education system
- Promotion of business through community service
Want to make your mark on students in the community? Take part in Career Path Day or any of the Chamber’s other educational programs! We are always looking for new ways to help students in the Oshkosh area community. Call (920) 303-2265 ext. 29 for more details on how to get involved.