Economic Development Updates
So far in 2019, the Oshkosh Chamber has worked with 54 business cases relative to site location and property sales, financing, business expansion, general market research, and entrepreneurial support.
- Currently working on 18 Active Projects
- Oshkosh Chamber staff attended the annual ICSC RECON real estate trade show May 19-22. Connected with real estate professionals from throughout the country to discuss expansion plans, site locations, and present development opportunities in Oshkosh.
- Over the past month, we toured eight commercial properties with owners and brokers relative to property leasing and sales
- Provided pre-development assistance and support for the potential Aviation Plaza redevelopment project that could result in over $20 million invested in Oshkosh, add over 100 new jobs and retain 32 jobs.
- Met with representatives of the Merge Urban Development Group team to provide pre- development assistance and market analysis support. Phase I of the project for 111 new multi-family residential units at the corner of Jackson Street and Marion Road was approved on June 11 by the Oshkosh Common Council. The development could ultimately add a total of 238 residential units, 22,000 square feet of commercial space, and include over $32 million in investment.
- Oshkosh Chamber staff Testified at Wisconsin’s Joint Committee on Finance meeting in Green Bay in support of TIF and the Manufacturing and Ag Tax Credit programs that benefit our local businesses.
- Construction began on the new 52 unit, 40,000 square foot Mathews Senior Living project on Jackson Street.
- Construction began on the Fresenius Kidney Care and Dialysis Services project on Old Omro Road.
- Casey’s General Store is now open on Jackson St. along with the new Verve, a Credit Union location on S. Washburn St. and HomeGoods on S. Koeller St.
- Oshkosh’s May unemployment rate was 2.7% unchanged from a year ago with employment at 33,799.