Demographics and Statistical Data
The U.S. Census provides many quick facts on Oshkosh’s demographics. While the facts are valuable, they don’t tell the entire story of Oshkosh and its urban area. The Oshkosh Chamber has invested in a valuable tool that provides up-to-date demographic information in a specific geographic region. If you are looking for specific reports regarding the greater Oshkosh area, email Vice President – Economic Development Rob Kleman or call him at (920) 303-2265, ext. 14.
Unemployment rates in the Oshkosh area have historically ranked lower than the national average. Both the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development and the U.S. Department of Labor reports statistics on the latest unemployment rates.
Housing prices in and around Oshkosh are among the lowest in the nation. Housing has enjoyed steady growth in both number of homes built and home values throughout the years. The Winnebago Home Builders Association keeps statistics on home sales and provides important links to other housing and building statistics.
Water and Sanitary Sewer Systems
Oshkosh Water System
- Supplier – City of Oshkosh
- Source – Lake Winnebago System Capacity – 26 million gallons/day
- Average Consumption – 7.9 million gallons/ day Peak
- Consumption – 12.5 million gallons/day
- Treatment Type – Conventional water treatment plant, ozonation, carbon filter and chlorine added
- Supplier – City of Oshkosh System
- Capacity – 20 million gallons/day
- Average Load – 12.9 million gallons/day
- Peak Load – 38.29 million gallons/day
- Treatment Type – Activated sludge plant with phosphorus and nitrogen removal
- Solid Waste Disposal – Regional
Wisconsin State Taxes
- Corporate Income – 7.9%
- Tax on Machinery and Equipment – exempt
- Tax on Inventory – exempt
- Retail Sales – 5%
City of Oshkosh
- 2019 Property Tax Net Rate per $1000 of assessed Value – $25.532790