Oshkosh is consistently ranked among the top small cities in the nation in which to live. Residents enjoy:
- A diverse business base that keeps the economy strong
- Waterways that provide recreational opportunities during every season
- High-quality public and private educational systems
- Opportunities to advance careers with training and classes through Fox Valley Technical College and the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- A safe community
As one of the fastest growing cities in Northeast Wisconsin, Oshkosh offers something for everyone. See how we rank, especially in the area of safety. Oshkosh is a safe community, where neighbors help neighbors and block parties and neighborhood picnics are common. A variety of housing options are available, including:
- Waterfront property
- Architecturally beautiful homes in historic neighborhoods
- Stylish downtown apartments overlooking the central city
- Single-family residences and available lots in new developments
- Apartments, including those for senior living
- Waterfront living
- Historic neighborhoods
If you are looking to buy a home, check first with Oshkosh Chamber-member real estate agents. They will help you find a home to fit your budget and your needs. If you are interested in rental property, contact one of the Chamber-member rental property companies or those who provide rental services.
If you are interested in housing statistics, including housing values and housing starts, the Winnebago Home Builders Association will provide assistance.