Join us at the 2015 Business Expo, presented by Rhyme & Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce!
2015 Business Expo
January 29, 2015
10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Oshkosh Convention Center
Entrance to the Expo is $5 per person or your business card before 4:30 p.m. and $6 after 4:30 p.m. at the start of Business After Hours.
10:30 – 11:30 a.m. (Thistle Room) – Stellar Blue Technologies, Amanda Betts
Making Your Website Your Marketing Hub
"How often do we treat our website like a key sales person? How is it communicating? Is it converting leads? Does it follow the dress code? The key to online success is an integrated digital marketing approach with the hub being your website. Digging deeper into online optimization, analytics and social engagement, we can reshape our digital marketing process and focus on success. Join digital marketing expert, Amanda Betts of Stellar Blue technologies, in an interactive discussion of how we can get our websites to work for us and with us. Every participant will walk away with a top ten checklist for your digital marketing."
11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. (Henrietta Room) – DealerFire, Christian Salazar
Sales: The #1 Skill for ALL People
Greatness does not come to your business without sales training - and in every business, every person in your company is in sales. Simply put, sales is the skill of communication and of building long-term relationships critical to any business or career - and skills can be learned! Understanding the sales process and developing these skills across all departments will benefit you and your company well beyond the 'sale'.
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. (Thistle Room) – Schenck SC, Amy Biester
Autonomous and empowered employees can take your business to the next level. They create higher customer satisfaction and are also happier in their jobs. But what does the “empowered” workplace look like? How do you empower your team, especially if they have been hesitant to take charge or take initiative? What results can you expect from making this shift? Amy Biersteker will describe why it is important and provide best practices in empowering employees.
2:00 -3:00 p.m. (Henrietta Room) – Change Management Communications Center, Tina Schuelke
Business. Leadership. Products. Profit. Empathy. Wait, What? Empathy?
Yes, it is the Age of Empathy in Business. Empathy has been popular in business publications since 2007. “Greed is out. Empathy is in,” is how Frans de Waal begins his book The Age of Empathy: Nature's Lessons for a Kinder Society. In 2007, Time magazine selected him as one of the world's most influential people.
Fast-forward through an economic recession, social media explosion, big data, and emphasis on ethics, emotional intelligence, and servant leadership. We are motivated by the nature of business survival in a competitive world. De Waal's clarion call that greed is out and empathy is in, may be a call we should all hear.
Tina Schuelke, Executive Director at Change Management Communications Center LLC, will facilitate a breakout session exploring the topic and ever-increasing role of Empathy in Business.
3:00 – 4:00 p.m. (Thistle Room) – Candeo Creative, Zack Pawlosky
Developing Your Marketing Strategy (and how to see results!)
With 100's of ways to advertise and market your brand, how do you know what will work and what will not? In this hands on workshop, learn how to create a marketing plan that meets your business objectives. This topic is presented by Zack Pawlosky, from Candeo Creative, an integrated marketing agency. Candeo Creative is a nationally recognized and award winning marketing agency that fosters marketing solutions that see winning business results for their clients.
For information, e-mail Devan Strebig at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her (920) 303-2265, ext. 16.
Adashun Jones Real Estate
Affinity Medical Group Employer Solutions
Asphalt Seal & Repair
Bank First National
Bellin Orthopedic Surgery
Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel and Convention Center
BMO Harris Bank
Boys and Girls Club
Change Management Communications Center
Chet Westenberg Architect
CitizensFirst Credit Union
Clean Water Center
Community Blood Center
FNB Fox Valley
Fox Valley Staffing
Fox World Travel
Fox Valley Physical Therapy
Fox Valley Technical College
Global Data Consultants
Group Transportation Services (GTS)
Habitat for Humanity
Houck Transit Advertising
ITT Tech Institute
Ki to Health Therapeutic
Lakeside Packaging Plus
Lamers Bus Lines
McVey Tent & Expo
New North B2B
Northpoint Medical and Rehab Center
Northern Telephone and Data (NTD)
Oshkosh Area School District
Oshkosh Area United Way
Oshkosh Area Workforce Development
Oshkosh Community YMCA
Oshkosh Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
Oshkosh Country Club
Oshkosh Downtown Rotary
Oshkosh Office Systems
Outagamie County Airport
Piranha Paper Shredding
Premier US Cellular
QPS Employment Group
Schroeder Moving Systems, Inc.
Seniors Helping Seniors
Serwas Window Cleaning
Stellar Blue Technologies
Sweetwater Performance Center
The Business News
Time Warner Business
United Van Lines
UWO College of Business
Valley Pest Control
Winnebago Home Builder’s Association
Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
Policies & Procedures for exhibitors
- Theme: The theme for the Expo is "Roundin' Up New Business." Feeling creative? You can design your display to reflect the theme. Not mandatory, but encouraged.
- Exhibit Hours: Thursday, January 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. All booths must be open and staffed during Expo hours.
- Location: Oshkosh Convention Center, 2 N. Main Street, Oshkosh.
- Set-up Times: Thursday, January 29th, 7:30 – 10:00 a.m. No exhibitor may set-up display until booth fees are paid in full.
- Displays & Decorations: No signs or forms of advertisement shall be displayed outside exhibit space or project beyond the exhibit space limits to avoid interfering with neighboring exhibitors.
- Display Table Info: The tables for each exhibit space are 8 ft. long in the core booths; exhibit spaces along the walls have 6 ft. tables. Make note on your registration if you need an additional table ($10 extra) or if no table is needed.
- Space Dimensions & Info: Core booths are 10' wide by 8' deep, Wall booths are 8' wide by 8' deep. Each exhibitor will receive a booth I.D. sign.
- Cancellation: No refunds will be made for exhibitor cancellations after December 30, 2014. Cancellations made prior to December 30th will result in a 50% refund. If booth space is not occupied by 10:30 a.m. day-of, the Oshkosh Chamber has the right to use the space in any way that's suitable for the event.
- Removal Time: Dismantling of the booth may not begin until after 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 30th. There will be no exceptions. The Chamber reserves the right to refuse participation in future Expos to any exhibitors that tear-down their booths prior to 7:00 p.m. day-of. The booth must be completely cleared by 9:00 p.m. that evening.
- Liability: Exhibitors must carry their own insurance. The Oshkosh Chamber is not responsible for the safety and security of the exhibitor's properties or employees from theft, damage, or any other cause whatsoever.