Youth Work Experience
Wisconsin's Youth Apprenticeship program is a part of a statewide School-to-Work initiative. It is designed for high school juniors or seniors who want hands on learning in an occupational area at a worksite along with classroom instruction. This one or two year elective program combines academic and technical instruction with mentored on-the-job learning.
You can learn more about the Youth Apprenticeship (YA) program on the Department of Workforce Development's website. There are frequently asked questions relating to students, parents, schools, employers, etc.
Learn more about the program from students and employers:
The Oshkosh Chamber and OASD have partnered with the following areas businesses to provide students with youth apprenticeship placements:
- Oshkosh Marine Supply - Maintenance and Repair of Industrial Equipment
- The Waters - Landscaping
- Kobussen - Automotive Technician
- Kitz & Pfiel - Accounting
- Powergrid Solutions - Engineering, Accounting, Procurement
- Humane Society - Animal Basics
- Gartman Mechanical - Plumbing
- Lara's Tortilla Flats - Culinary
- EAA - Culinary
- Bergstrom Automotive – Automotive Technician
- J. Stadler Machine, Inc. - Machining
- Stainless Piping Specialists - Welding and Machining
- Oshkosh Marine Supply - Maintenance/Machining
- C.R.E.W. Inc. - Marketing, Machining, Engineering
- Overton Farms LLC - Animal Basics
- Valley Visiting Nurses Association - Certified Nursing Assistants
- Northpoint - Certified Nursing Assistant
- Felix Auto - Automotive Technician
- Cliff's Tire and Battery - Automotive Technician
- Oshkosh Area School District - Information Technology Help Desk
- Culvers - Culinary and Management
- Shea Electric - Electrician
- Olive Garden - Culinary and Management
- Tony's Auto Body - Automotive Technician
- Service Oil - Automotive Technician
Please consider looking at your long term talent needs and contact me at email@example.com to learn more about the youth apprenticeship program for high school Juniors and Seniors.
Below Jareth Zimmerman of Oshkosh North takes part in his Auto Technician Apprenticeship.
Below, Marc Stanga works with his mentor.
Jareth Zimmerman (left) and Marc Stanga (right) receive their certificates for completing their Youth Apprenticeship with Bergstrom. Also, pictured Mark Boushele, the Auto Mechanics Instructor from Oshkosh West.