National Rankings and Honors
Oshkosh is consistently ranked among the top small cities in the nation in which to live. In fact, the Oshkosh community has earned a variety of accolades for its workforce, safety, economic strength and business and career climate.
Check out these honors:
- USAA has ranked Oshkosh #10 in the nation for small metro areas for hiring veterans.
- Oshkosh ranked #110 in Policom Corporation's 2013 Economic Strength Ranking that's up 25 spots from last year; the 4th highest in the state.
- In Lumosity's Smartest Cities in America survey, Oshkosh ranked #51.
- New Geography ranked Oshkosh #101 for the 2013 Best Cities for Job Growth in the Small Sized Cities Rankings.
- CQ Press ranked Oshkosh-Neenah the sixth safest metropolitan area in the nation in 2012, based on FBI violent crime statistics
- Milken Institute ranked Oshkosh first in Wisconsin, 43rd in the nation for Best-Performing Small Cities in 2012
- Area Development Online ranked the Oshkosh-Neenah MSA first in Wisconsin and 59th in the nation for economic and workforce growth indicators.
- The Oshkosh-Neenah MSA ranked 15th in 2010 among small towns in a Farmers Insurance "Most Secure Places to Live" study.
- Business Week ranked Oshkosh "Best Place to Raise Your Kids" in its 2010 survey of cities.
- Oshkosh improved its economic strength rating, and ranked 135 among the top 366 MSAs in the 2012 Policom Economic Strength Study.
- Expansion Management rated Oshkosh MSA as a "5-Star Quality of Lif"e metro area.
- Forbes Magazine ranked Oshkosh 70th in its annual list of Best Places for Business and Careers.
- The Oshkosh-Neenah MSA was ranked 20th by Expansion Management Magazine, which graded the nation's largest 362 metropolitan areas, in terms of the quality of public education.
- CQ Press ranked the Oshkosh-Neenah MSA the 18th safest place to live of the 344 metropolitan areas in the United States.
- Barron's ranked Oshkosh Corporation No. 1 in the Barron's 500, a ranking of the largest publicly-traded companies as measured by sales in the last fiscal year.