National Rankings and Honors
Oshkosh is consistently ranked among the top small cities in the nation in which to live. In fact, the Oshkosh community has earned a variety of accolades for its workforce, safety, economic strength and business and career climate.
Check out these honors:
- Oshkosh listed #18 on list of Top 100 Overlooked Dream Cities by Goodcall.com.
- Oshkosh-Neenah has been ranked as a prime area for travel and a "Best Place for Business Travelers" as released by Churchill Living. The full report can be found at www.furnishedhousing.com/blog/2017-best-places-to-travel-for-business. Oshkosh-Neenah WI was ranked #77 in the US for business climate, economic health, traveler leisure, and traveler commute convenience.
- Value Penguin ranked Oshkosh #38 out of 382 metropolitan areas on their list of the best cities in the U.S. for recent college grads. This study ranked cities based on three factors: availability of jobs, affordability, and lifestyle. Oshkosh ranked third in jobs, 164th in affordability, and 178th in lifestyle. The study used 27 different data points to compile its rankings. These included the amount of debt here, median annual salary, transportation and food costs, etc.
- SmartAsset ranked Winnebago County 2nd in Wisconsin in its second annual study on counties receiving the greatest amount of investment in their local economies. Winnebago County ranked due to performance across four categories: business establishment growth, GDP growth, new building permits, and municipal bond investment.
- Oshkosh ranked #7 of the Top 10 Cities for Working Parents in a study done by SmartAsset. Data was collected from 446 major U.S. Cities and were evaluated base don unemployment rate, median household income, median annual housing costs, average travel time to work, high school graduation rate, average cost of child rate and more.
- The Miliken Institute released its 2015 rankings for the best performing cities - where America's jobs are created and sustained. Oshkosh ranks #6 in the state, and #105 among the 201 Small Communities in the U.S. that were ranked.
- Oshkosh-Neenah ranked #25 Mid-size City for Renters in a study done by homeownersinsurance.com
- Oshkosh ranked #49 on the list of the Best Small Cities in the Nation in a new study from Nerd Wallet.
- Oshkosh ranked #6 in Wisconsin and #149 in the Country for the resale home market in a study done by Smartasset.com.
- Oshkosh ranked #5 in Wisconsin and #102 out of 381 Metropolitan Statistical Areas by Policom for economic strength in 2015.
- Oshkosh ranked #5 in Wisconsin and #49 out of 1,300 of the best small cities in a study done by consumer advocacy site NerdWallet.
- Oshkosh ranked #104 in Policom Corporation's 2014 Economic Strength Ranking, that's up 6 spots from last year.
- USAA has ranked Oshkosh #10 in the nation for small metro areas for hiring veterans.
- Oshkosh ranked #110 in Policom Corporation's 2013 Economic Strength Ranking that's up 25 spots from last year; the 4th highest in the state.
- In Lumosity's Smartest Cities in America survey, Oshkosh ranked #51.
- New Geography ranked Oshkosh #101 for the 2013 Best Cities for Job Growth in the Small Sized Cities Rankings.
- CQ Press ranked Oshkosh-Neenah the sixth safest metropolitan area in the nation in 2012, based on FBI violent crime statistics
- Milken Institute ranked Oshkosh first in Wisconsin, 43rd in the nation for Best-Performing Small Cities in 2012
- Area Development Online ranked the Oshkosh-Neenah MSA first in Wisconsin and 59th in the nation for economic and workforce growth indicators.
- The Oshkosh-Neenah MSA ranked 15th in 2010 among small towns in a Farmers Insurance "Most Secure Places to Live" study.
- Business Week ranked Oshkosh "Best Place to Raise Your Kids" in its 2010 survey of cities.
- Oshkosh improved its economic strength rating, and ranked 135 among the top 366 MSAs in the 2012 Policom Economic Strength Study.
- Expansion Management rated Oshkosh MSA as a "5-Star Quality of Lif"e metro area.
- Forbes Magazine ranked Oshkosh 70th in its annual list of Best Places for Business and Careers.
- The Oshkosh-Neenah MSA was ranked 20th by Expansion Management Magazine, which graded the nation's largest 362 metropolitan areas, in terms of the quality of public education.
- CQ Press ranked the Oshkosh-Neenah MSA the 18th safest place to live of the 344 metropolitan areas in the United States.
- Barron's ranked Oshkosh Corporation No. 1 in the Barron's 500, a ranking of the largest publicly-traded companies as measured by sales in the last fiscal year.